Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And the #1 Party School is...

Started by hogfan_no1, August 22, 2007, 04:56:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan_no1

West Virginia (according to abcnews.com).  The SEC had a respectable 3 schools in the Top 5.  In order, they are:

#1 - West Virginia
#2 - Ole Miss
#3 - Texas
#4 - Florida
#5 - Geogia

Apparently, ABC News pollsters have never been to Baton Rouge.

I remember in the late '70s, Playboy magazine rated the Top 10 party schools.  Arkansas was not in their Top 10, but there was a note that said, "In regards to the University of Arkansas, Playboy magazine refuses to rate the professionals with all these amature schools".  (Their visit to Fayetteville was during Texas Week).

Here's a link to the abcnews story:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3502720
If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

biggiepiggie

When we were in the SWC the Aggies always considered Arkansas to be the
No. 1 party school.

hogtusk

Quote from: hogfan_no1 on August 22, 2007, 04:56:38 am
West Virginia (according to abcnews.com).  The SEC had a respectable 3 schools in the Top 5.  In order, they are:

#1 - West Virginia
#2 - Ole Miss
#3 - Texas
#4 - Florida
#5 - Geogia

I remember in the late '70s, Playboy magazine rated the Top 10 party schools.  Arkansas was not in their Top 10, but there was a note that said, "In regards to the University of Arkansas, Playboy magazine refuses to rate the professionals with all these amature schools".  (Their visit to Fayetteville was during Texas Week).

I remember that quote from Playboy, but think it was early 70's. Maybe late 60's.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

_Collin1

#1 - West Virginia
#2 - Ole Miss
#3 - Texas
#4 - Florida
#5 - Geogia

Apparently they have never been to Madison, Wisconsin or Boulder, Colorado.  I call BS on this list.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

cityhog

Quote from: biggiepiggie on August 22, 2007, 11:54:43 am
When we were in the SWC the Aggies always considered Arkansas to be the
No. 1 party school.

And the fun police cracked down on on campus parties soon thereafter.

oops this was in reponse to the playboy article comment.  not the quoted comment.

Michael_Porkleone

Since 1894

Did anyone hear that Mitch left the program?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

cityhog

Michael_Porkleone

Quote from: Since 1894 on August 22, 2007, 12:32:04 pm

Because we didn't rank high enough on the party list?

prhogs22

My first Texas wk. was in the mid 70s. And for you young ones this wasnt a one day deal. No matter if the game home or away,this a full wk. on DICKSON. Done this for many yrs. Wish I could turn the clock back again.

Hog on the Hill

Ole Miss #2?  Yeah I can see that.

67Hog

If that is a verbatim quote from Playboy, then it's a good thing they had nice pictures, otherwise they were illiterate.

yraciv

Quote from: Michael_Porkleone on August 22, 2007, 12:43:22 pm
Quote from: Since 1894 on August 22, 2007, 12:32:04 pm

Because we didn't rank high enough on the party list?

Mitch wasn't the big party goer anyways!

hogfan98

the playboy thing is an urban legend.  playboy has done 2 party school rankings ('87 and '02), and arkansas was not mentioned on either.  proof can be provided if requested.  sorry to be a buzz kill.