Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss

Started by AscensionHog, September 30, 2015, 01:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AscensionHog

Not a fan but why Baby Blue helmets ? Does not match everything else !

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: AscensionHog on September 30, 2015, 01:21:19 pm

Tradition.  They used to wear helmets that looked like that in their best years (50's and 60's).

Take a look at this link, and select SEC and then scroll down to Ole Miss.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

NaturalStateReb

The school's official colors are Harvard crimson and Yale blue.  The first football coach, Dr. A.L. Bondurant, who was also a professor, suggested that Ole Miss adopt these colors in 1893, stating that Ole Miss should try to achieve the excellence of those two schools.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 30, 2015, 01:27:08 pm
The school's official colors are Harvard crimson and Yale blue.  The first football coach, Dr. A.L. Bondurant, who was also a professor, suggested that Ole Miss adopt these colors in 1893, stating that Ole Miss should try to achieve the excellence of those two schools.

That didn't work out for them at all eh?

devildoghawg

He's probably rolling over in his grave knowing that their nickname is Ol' Piss.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

RME

Any relation to the moonshinin' boys in Lawless?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 30, 2015, 01:34:26 pm
That didn't work out for them at all eh?

If they let in a mouth breather like me, you know it didn't work.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

S.A.D.C

Why baby blue helmets?  Gonna go out on a limb and say because they are freaking awesome- probably the best lids the in SEC... and I am not even an Ole Miss fan!

Ex-Trumpet

...like we haven't beeyotched about enough darn the past three weeks, we're gonna beeyotch about someone else's helmets not matching?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

They'll change back when Florida beat them.

AscensionHog

Wasn't bitching just curious, didn't really know their colors and I grew up about 70 miles from the campus, not paying attention I guess !

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

They've had them for a LONG time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Ole Miss went with the more familiar helmet color in their road game at Florida:

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 3h3 hours ago

#UF's defense makes Swamp statement

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 11h11 hours ago

.@OleMissFB... start your engines! @StenhouseJr will be wearing this powder blue helmet Sunday at Talladega #SECNow